All DMV satellite offices are closed.
All road tests have been cancelled through Friday, May 8, 2020.
The Division of Motor Vehicles is temporarily waiving the requirement for a VIN check on out of state titles to be conducted by your local police station. The VIN will be electronically verified at the time of titling.
To ensure customers are not penalized for the actions we are taking to further protect health and safety, the DMV will be extending driver licenses, learner permits, ID’s, CLPs, CDLs, registrations, inspection stickers, and disability placards scheduled to expire in the months of March, April, or May 2020 by 90 days.
For further details about the expiration date extension please click here.
The Cranston DMV will be providing the following limited services and transactions.
- Driver license, learner permit, State ID – Reservation Only
- Vehicle Registration and Title – Reservation Only
- Adjudication – Reservation Only
- Commercial driver licenses and permits – Reservation Only
- Dealer services – Drop Off and Checks Only
Make a Reservation for DMV services
PLEASE NOTE: DUE TO THE COVID-19 CRISIS, RESERVATIONS ARE ONLY MADE AVAILABLE THREE DAYS IN ADVANCE – EXCEPT FOR ADJUDICATION.
FOR EVERYONE’S HEALTH AND SAFETY, A FACE COVERING OR MASK MUST BE WORN AT ALL TIMES DURING YOUR VISIT.
DMV & AAA Branch Locations
DMV branch locations offer a variety of transaction services (red marker). Transaction Services Available by Location. AAA branch offices offer registration and license renewal services to members (blue marker). View all AAA Member Services.
RI DMV Videos
View Additional Videos
Be An Organ Donor
At Donate Life Rhode Island, individuals are able to register to be an organ and tissue donor at anytime — 24 hours a day — 7 days a week.
Title VI Program
The Rhode Island Division of Motor Vehicles conducts all programs and activities without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability, including income-level and Limited English Proficiency status. If you feel that you have been subjected to discrimination by the RI DMV, you may file a complaint. Please click here for additional Title VI information.
- If you would like more information about REAL ID, please contact the Department of Homeland Security.
- To obtain a certified copy of a Rhode Island birth, marriage, or death certificate, contact the RI Department of Health Vital Records.
- If you need to obtain a certified copy of a birth, marriage, or death certificate from another state, the CDC maintains contact information for Vital Records in each state.
- For more information on obtaining or replacing immigration documents, please contact the USCIS.
- To obtain or replace your Social Security card, please contact the Social Security Administration. If you have a RI credential, you can apply for a duplicate Social Security card online.
- For information on obtaining, renewing, or replacing a United States Passport, please visit the Department of State.