Once again, Ski Magazine has rated Mont Tremblant as the Number One Ski Resort in the East. Indeed Tremblant's popularity is well deserved. Why do people love it here? Let's explore the top 10 reasons that make Mont Tremblant the top-rated resort in Eastern North America.
1. Ambiance: If you would like to take a trip to France, but can't quite afford it, Mont Tremblant is the next best thing. Here, you can experience the unique charm of a French ski village, while enjoying an advantageous exchange rate on the dollar.
2. Varied Terrain: With 17 percent beginner terrain, 33 percent intermediate and 50 percent expert terrain, Mont Tremblant has something for everyone. Its 94 trails provide variety and excitement.
3. Lift Capacity: Tremblant has lift capacity of 27,230 skiers per hour. This includes five high-speed four-passenger chairlifts as well as a gondola and a magic carpet.
4. Creperie Catherine: Even if you don't ski or snowboard, this restaurant is worth a visit. With over 60 crepes to choose from, it provides an eating adventure that is unmatched at any eastern ski resort.
5. Edible On Mountain Food: No dog food hamburgers at Tremblant. The mountain cafeterias serve only the finest cuisine.
6. Convenient Village: At the end of the day, ski back down to your hotel or condo. What could be better?
7. The Versant Soleil Glades: These sunny glades are often uncrowded. If you need to take a break, step inside the Refuge du Trappeur. This comfortably secluded log cabin serves hot drinks and delicious snacks.
8. Off-Slope Activities: Take a day off from the slopes and enjoy a medley of spa activities. Fitness buffs will love the Aquaclub La Source, which features a swimming pool, complete with a waterfall. There is also a fitness center. Dog lovers will be thrilled at the idea of mushing a team of loveable huskies through Tremblant's spectacular forests. Looking for adventure? Challenge yourself with an ice climbing session, where you will tackle a frozen cliff face. You can add a bit of romance to your Mont Tremblant vacation by taking a sleigh ride.
9. Ski School: A smorgasbord of lesson plans awaits you at Mont Tremblant. They even have a special training course for aspiring ski and snowboard instructors.
10. Aprs Ski: The fun doesn't stop on the slopes. Tremblant has a multitude of exciting bars, restaurants and discotheques. Teenagers can also take part in the Aprs ski action at the Cirque Blanc amusement center, which provides interactive video games.. Three times a week, from 6 till 11pm, they can try out the newest on-snow gear at the X-Zone, a unique area with exciting terrain.
These are just 10 of the many reasons why people love Mont Tremblant. If you visit, you will surely find some of your own!