EU emission regulations have forced the automotive industry to adopt lightweighting strategies through material selection and design. There has been an industry focus on body in white lightweighting through the use of innovative materials, however, with manufacturing costs proving difficult to swallow, OEM’s are exploring other options to reduce weight and meet CO2 emission requirements.
With this in mind, the Automotive Lightweight Interiors Congress has been engineered to explore the opportunities for lightweighting by adopting material and design strategies within the interior components. With emerging consumer trends such as infotainment, noise reduction, luxury textiles and electronic air conditioning, interior lightweighting strategies face the challenge of meeting customer expectations, safety standards whilst being financially viable.
Table of Contents
KEY THEMES TO BE COVERED:
- OEM STRATEGIES: How OEMs Are Balancing Costs, Carbon Emissions And Customer Expectations To Forge A Successful Interior Lightweighting Strategy
- COST-DRIVEN SUPPLY CHAINS: Developing Partnership Strategies Between OEMs And Each Supplier Tier To Reduce Cost And Time For Lightweight Design Implementation
- PLASTICS: Identifying Material And Moulding Innovations To Reduce The Weight And Cost Of Producing Lightweight Plastic Parts
- LIGHTWEIGHT SEATING: Showcasing Cost Effective Lightweight Materials For Frames And Foams For Seating
- LIGHTWEIGHTING OF ELECTRONIC PARTS: Assessing Design And Material Selection Strategies To Reduce Electronic Weight
- NOISE REDUCTION VS LIGHTWEIGHTING: Determining Lightweight Designs And Materials That Can Be Applied For Noise Reduction Functions
CONFERENCE DATE CHANGE
WHY THIS EVENT IS UNIQUE
With EU emission regulations accelerating the adoption of lightweight materials …
…the industry must understand the business case for intergrating new designs to ensure regulations, industry standards, customer expectations and budgets are met. The balance of these four requirements is a difficult target to strike, however, with new innovative technologies, materials and applications being discovered throughout the world the industry is growing closer to a new lightweight vehicle generation.
This 2 day congress will bring together OEMs, Tier 1’s, leading researchers and material suppliers to explore and understand the opportunities that are commercially available now and what options the future may hold.
- THE ONLY LIGHTWEIGHTING INTERIORS FOCUSED EVENT: The only event to focus specifically on lightweighting strategies for automotive interiors
- CONSUMER TRENDS VS COST: The summit will discuss lightweighting strategies in a commercially viable light, looking at solutions that can meet consumer demand as well as be cost effective for production volumes
- APPLICATION SPECIFIC: Presentations will focus on how to apply new lightweight materials and designs to capitalize on weight reduction innovations in specific sections of the vehicle
- SAFETY CONSIDERATE: With industry standards and safety regulations to adhere too, each lightweight solution will be fully investigated for crash performance to ensure necessary benchmarks are met